for those of you with bratty children!
burnerbabe
2003-09-09 22:07:26 UTC
My son came home from school one day, with a smirk upon his face.
He decided he was smart enough, to put me in my place.

"Guess what I learned in Civics Two, that's taught by Mr. Wright?
It's all about the laws today, The "Children's Bill of Rights."

It says I need not clean my room, don't have to cut my hair.
No one can tell me what to think, or speak, or what to wear.

I have freedom from religion, and regardless what you say,
I don't have to bow my head, and I sure don't have to pray.

I can wear earrings if I want, and pierce my tongue & nose.
I can read & watch just what I like, and get tattoos from head to toes.

And if you ever spank me, I'll charge you with a crime.
I'll back up all my charges, with the marks on my behind.

Don't you ever touch me, my body's only for my use,
not for your hugs and kisses, that's just more child abuse.

Don't preach about your morals, like your Mama did to you.
That's nothing more than mind control, and it's illegal too!

Mom, I have these children's rights, so you can't influence me,
or I'll call Children's Services Division, better known as C.S.D.

Of course my first instinct was to toss him out the door.
But the chance to teach him a lesson made me think a little more.

I mulled it over carefully, I couldn't let this go.
A smile crept upon my face, he's messing with a pro.

The next day I took him shopping at the local Goodwill Store.
I told him, "Pick out all you want, there's shirts & pants galore.

I've called and checked with C.S.D. who said they didn't care
If I bought you K-Mart shoes instead of those Nike Airs.

And I've canceled that appointment to take your driver's test.
The C.S.D. is unconcerned so I'll decide what's best.

I said "No time to stop and eat, or pick up stuff to munch,
and tomorrow you can start to learn to make your own sack lunch.

Just save the raging appetite, and wait till dinner time.
We're having liver and onions, a favorite dish of mine.

He asked "Can I please rent a movie, to watch on my VCR?"
"Sorry, but I sold your TV, for new tires on my car.

I also rented out your room, you'll take the couch instead.
All the C.S.D. requires is a roof for over your head.

Your clothing won't be trendy now, and I'll choose what we eat.
That allowance that you used to get, will buy me something neat.

I'm selling off your jet ski, dirt-bike & roller blades.
Check out the "Parents Bill of Rights," It's in effect today!

Hey hot shot, why are you crying, and why are you on your knees?
Are you asking God to help you out, instead of C.S.D.?
IMASCRAPBOOKER
2003-09-11 01:40:50 UTC
Very Cute!!
Caitlin Luther
2003-09-16 03:15:24 UTC
lol..darn straight!

Parrothead Jenn
2003-09-16 04:17:35 UTC
TY TY TY TY TY for posting this. I've heard this many times and tried
explaining it to my dss last week. We're going through a 'early-teen' stage
at 10 years old going on 16. 'Come home and wash my laundry', 'Don't tell
me what to do!!', 'I don't have to do that, you can't make me'. Enough to
drive a woman batty I swear. I'm printing this out for him to read. Thanks
again!

Jenn
Shaz
2003-09-17 19:03:46 UTC
oh pleeeeeeeeeease I need the original since i never found it...........
im sad to say since my step son forged his fathers signature --- was talked
to --- then did it 3 days later for four weeks of music homework..... Now
the child has taken off to his sisters so he doesnt have to face the teacher
about what he has done - the father had tried to bring him home but his
sister pulls the other way. He wont come home because he knows he has done
the wrong thing and is being very damn difficuly at the moment. I am going
to the school to get him today at lunchtime with the principals help but
this will be an effort.
For two years I have looked after this boy like my own and took more
interest in him than his parents ever did. BUT I will not stand for liers
thieves or cheats so he does the crime he does the time as far as im
concerned --- though this one runs from the time.
PS a tiny little prayer would be greatly appreciatted at this time since it
has the possibility of driving my family apart.
Thanks for letting me vent a little of whats happening
Shaz
Post by Parrothead Jenn
TY TY TY TY TY for posting this. I've heard this many times and tried
explaining it to my dss last week. We're going through a 'early-teen' stage
at 10 years old going on 16. 'Come home and wash my laundry', 'Don't tell
me what to do!!', 'I don't have to do that, you can't make me'. Enough to
drive a woman batty I swear. I'm printing this out for him to read.
Thanks
Post by Parrothead Jenn
again!
Jenn
teachermom
2003-09-18 01:30:40 UTC
Shaz,

My prayers are with you. My stepson situation isn't quite that bad, but it
is very difficult. My husband has three children. The 15 year old lives
with us because his mother could not deal with him. He resents me somewhat
because I'm NOT his mom, even though I've always treated him nicely and she
threw him out...go figure. He's very moody and gets very angry when he does
not get his way right now and backtalks us. He's said some really ugly
things to his dad that I think no child should be allowed to get away with.
I get aggravated because I didn't raise my own son that way and I can't
stand that the stepson gets away with it because dad wants to sympathize
with him rather than make him face up to his responsibilities. I love my
husband, but I can't stand living in turmoil. You know what I mean?
Anyway...that's my venting...know that you are not alone.

Selena
Louisiana
Post by Parrothead Jenn
at 10 years old going on 16. 'Come home and wash my laundry', 'Don't tell
me what to do!!', 'I don't have to do that, you can't make me'. Enough to
drive a woman batty I swear. I'm printing this out for him to read.
Thanks
Post by Parrothead Jenn
again!
Jenn
Shaz
2003-09-18 05:02:10 UTC
Thankyou Selena ----- I fully understand where the hubby has different
methods for the SS and sympathises with him and yet the other children have
to toe the line. This happens in this house very frequently and I think that
is why it started in the first place - where the child had done wrong and
needed to face the time however the father was no back up the first time it
happened. If he had backed me up the child would not of thought about doing
it again or at least thought twice beforehand.
The turmoil and heartbreak the different standards causes is hard to live
with.
Thinking of you and ty
Shaz
Post by teachermom
Post by Shaz
Post by Parrothead Jenn
drive a woman batty I swear. I'm printing this out for him to read.
Thanks
Post by Parrothead Jenn
again!
Jenn
Sabrina
2003-09-18 23:42:37 UTC
I just want to give a little encouragement to all of you Moms with
difficult teens. It will pass...they will become human again and
they really don't ever apologize for the havoc they caused....but if
you are lucky..they ,too will have children and children do become
teens!
I think it is a difficult time, ( adolescence) and
having expanded families give them a lot of
places to act out. All parents know that consistancy is the most
important tool that parents have and when there are so many others
involved, it is easy for kids to play one against the other.
I am sending you all so much good support
and thankful that I now have four adults with children of their own. lol
Love ya,

Sabrina
:-)
teachermom
2003-09-19 02:23:49 UTC
I know Shaz. It makes a really difficult situation, that's for sure. I
don't have a problem with disciplining his other children, but then they are
younger and are not with us but every couple of weeks or so (they live in a
different city). The other problem is that my husband works 3-11 PM, so by
the time he gets home, the damage is done and SS has gone to bed.
Meanwhile, I'm the one with the raised blood pressure!

I feel like things are starting to get better, though. He has moved to a
small private school where I teach and started playing football. He seems
happier and more relaxed lately, so maybe he's starting to turn around after
all. I just keep praying and I will pray for your situation also.

Selena
Louisiana
Shaz
2003-09-18 05:02:29 UTC
oh patty how long does it take ??
Shaz
Selena,
I have had a very similar situation with a stepson the same age but our
turmoil began many years ago and he has finally learned the way of life at
our house. You can email me privately if you need to vent to someone who
can relate!!
--
**Patty H in Florida**
http://community.webshots.com/user/elmo1063
Pages done in 2003: 31
Patty H
2003-09-18 14:13:54 UTC
Shaz, it has taken about 7 years for us - SS was 8 when I met him. He knows
I am the strict one and that Dad will back me up. But now I make Dad do the
discipline and talking, etc. He knows we are a team but ultimately Dad
gives the final say although we may come to that decision together.

--

***@yahoo.com

Pages done in 2003: 31
teachermom
2003-09-19 02:18:17 UTC
Thank you Patty. I keep hoping that he will grow out of it one day and
understand that we are the ones that have been parents to him...not his
mother (and I use that term loosely). I just keep praying. I know he will
get it one day!

Selena
Louisiana
Pages done in 2003: 31
Shaz
Jenn
Trish
2003-09-23 03:03:32 UTC
My DD#2 had (stilldoes occasionally) a bad habit starting a sentence to me
with "You're going to have to........"
So one day I stopped her mid-sentence & said,. "The only think "I have to
do" is feed you & refrain from beating you to a pulp, everything else is
optional"

That shocked her silent for a while:>), not long though(LOL)
Post by Parrothead Jenn
TY TY TY TY TY for posting this. I've heard this many times and tried
explaining it to my dss last week. We're going through a 'early-teen' stage
at 10 years old going on 16. 'Come home and wash my laundry', 'Don't tell
me what to do!!', 'I don't have to do that, you can't make me'. Enough to
drive a woman batty I swear. I'm printing this out for him to read.
Thanks
Post by Parrothead Jenn
again!
Jenn